“Young RYLA is like when you first
get your training wheels off and
your dad gives you one last steady-
ing push into high school.”
– Brandon Garcia (Colorado)
Young RYLA is :
A leadership program sponsored by Rotary clubs in District 5970 that promotes, encourages and rewards outstanding young people.
An all-expense paid six-day camp that brings together a special group of boys and girls from throughout Iowa to share ideas about becoming better leaders.
An action-packed program of activities that helps build confidence and leadership skills (like problem solving games, challenge course, skits, group discussion and team building activities).
An adventure that might change your life!
If you are now in 7th or 8th grade, and:
- Want to become a better leader
- Would like a chance to meet and talk to other teens from different schools
- Have been active in your school or community
- Want to bring positive change to your community
- Are interested in making new friends
Then you should come to Young RYLA!
When: Young RYLA: 11-16 July 2021
Where: Waldorf University in Forest City, Iowa
Cost: There is no cost to you! The $375 registration fee is paid by a local Rotary club.
Registration will open March 15th and close April 30, 2021
- Carefully read this entire page.
- Prepare your responses to the following questions before starting your application:
- Please introduce yourself to us.
- List your activities and hobbies.
- What special talents do you have (i.e. music, art, athletics, writing, drama, others)?
- Please list a few personal goals.
- Complete the online application at the bottom of this page. (If you don’t want your first name on your name tag, enter a nickname.)
- Sign your application and have a parent/guardian sign your application.
- Review your input carefully before clicking the “Submit” button as you will not be able to edit your responses after that.
- Contact the RYLA Representative in your local Rotary Club who will explain the remaining steps in the application process. If there is no Rotary club in your community, check the list for the closest one to you and use it on your application form or select “Not Sure” and we’ll help you locate a Rotary Club. You may find contact information for the Rotary club RYLA Representatives by clicking Rotary Contacts.
If you have any difficulties with your application, have questions or wish to change your application after it’s submitted, please send an email to:
Registrar, Iowa Young RYLA
Application will be open March 15, 2021 to April 30, 2021.